We, like you, continue to follow the COVID-19 updates closely and adjust our approach based on the rapidly changing situation. Going forward, we will send out an update email each week to recap any changes and significant items that will impact how we help our clients through these challenges. Here are the key items for this week:
- Updates: In order to avoid sending multiple emails each week, we will post any new company-wide updates to the ‘News’ section of our website, under ‘About Us’.
- Office Operations: While our offices are closed to all walk-in traffic, our entire staff has been set up to work remotely. We are available by email and phone, and our on-call property manager continues to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any emergencies.
- Meetings: All scheduled meetings are being held by electronic means or, in the case of general meetings, a new process that will allow effective meetings to be held without large gatherings. Specific protocol has been established to protect all individuals involved in showings or inspections.
- Maintenance Items: We work with a reliable network of preferred trades and have confirmed the availability of trades that continue to be available to address any emergency issues. Routine maintenance items may be delayed due to specific precautions and safety measures at this time. Also, please do not flush wipes, as they clog sewer lines and cause service disruptions.
- Financial Considerations: We understand the challenges our community members are facing when it comes to paying basic housing costs, and we share your experiences and concerns. We are working on an internal process in advance of March 31st for consistently addressing instances where people are unable to pay their rent or strata fees due to COVID-19. The approach will vary depending on the direction of the strata corporation or rental owner and their specific circumstances, and therefore will be implemented on a property by property basis. We also continue to monitor ongoing developments regarding these items, such as the Province of BC directions on rent programs.
- Information & Resources: Reliable information is crucial to maintaining a calm approach and working together to get through these challenges. Given that this situation is evolving daily, we are actively monitoring announcements from Health Canada and all the relevant government agencies, as well as property management specific resources. Here are a few of those sites and tools:
- Community Support: While we may not be able to connect with our communities in person, we all can still take steps to help and support each other. Some properties are creating online groups through Facebook or Whatsapp to brainstorm solutions to community-based issues or simply connecting with one another. Many problems can be solved by working together as neighbours, and there are many free tools online that can help support your communities in this time of crises. If you have questions or ideas of how to help, please bring them up to your strata council and property manager.
As always, thank you for your continued support as we navigate these challenges together, and please take care of yourselves and each other!
Your Proline Management Team