On a normal Easter Monday, many of us would be returning from long weekend activities and gatherings and sharing our stories and experiences with each other. Even though this was a quieter long weekend than usual, and we are all in circumstances we didn’t anticipate and wouldn’t have chosen, there is still good to be found. We can see it in the efforts that so many are making to stay at home and protect others, in the way that people are helping one another (from a distance), in the (sometimes noisy) support for those that are working on the front lines and in many other individual and collective opportunities and actions. We are all trying to figure out how to navigate our circumstances, learn new ways to get necessary things done and find the best in a difficult situation.
Some of the good we have found has come from you, our community, in your comments and helpful suggestions in response to these weekly updates. While we are always aware that we might be over-communicating, we know from the messages we receive that many of you appreciate this information and find these touchpoints useful. Thank you to those who have reached out, for your comments and suggestions. Your insights help us understand your communities’ needs and concerns, so that we can better support you.
In our continued efforts to share pertinent information, we have a few topics to touch on this week.
- As mentioned previously, we will be hosting our first ever webinar this week. Council members of stratas with March, April and May year ends have been invited to participate in the Conducting General Meetings During COVID-19, in an effort to help them plan and prepare for upcoming general meetings. We look forward to sharing more learning opportunities with a broader audience through webinars in the coming months and will send more information out as details are confirmed!
- On a technical note, please ensure that you are using either Google Chrome or MS Edge both for any webinars and for access to strata websites, as Firefox is not supported.
- Speaking of strata websites, if your strata has a website, you can communicate directly with the council and your property manager through that site. Just click on ‘Request’ on the side menu and create a request.
- For stratas with employees such as site managers, the Temporary Wage Subsidy (TWS) from the Government of Canada is a potentially applicable tool. The 10% TWS for Employers is a three-month measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll deductions required to be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by up to $1,375 for each eligible employee. We have already applied for this subsidy when processing payroll for eligible strata corporations.
- A reminder for landlords and tenants that renters who are experiencing a loss of income during the COVID-19 pandemic can now apply for the Province’s new temporary rental supplement. More information on this program, including eligibility criteria and how to apply, can be found on the BC Housing website here.
- Mediate BC is offering a new Quarantine Conflict Resolution Service (QCRS) service to help with COVID-19 related conflict. This is a challenging time for many people and Roster Mediators from around BC have stepped forward to offer their services at significantly discounted rates to support the community. If you would like more information, go to the Mediate BC website. Please note that this resource is an external service and is not related to Proline Management, your strata corporation or your strata council.
As always, thank you for your continued support and please take care of yourselves and each other!
Your Proline Management Team