Careers With Proline
Job Title: Non-resident caretaker/site manager
Non-resident caretaker/site manager required for residential strata. Must be organized and bondable. This is a part time, permanent position, ideally suited to a manager with other properties.
Duties will include minor building maintenance (i.e. light plumbing, carpentry, drywall/plaster repairs, painting, minor electrical - replacing lights, etc.), directing janitorial work, some minor building cleaning, logging/checking of equipment (fire, air make up), organizing and monitoring all moving in and out of building, posting notices. Applicant will be honest, reliable, self-motivated, friendly and fluent in oral/written English and possess reliable transportation. Applicant must possess own tools. Applicant would report to the property manager/or strata council. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email complete resume to HR@prolinemanagement.com attn. A. Haddow. No phone calls. Only those candidates deemed suitable will be contacted for interview.
Are you a licensed strata manager?
A career in Strata Management is both challenging and rewarding. As a Strata Manager you deal with very diverse groups of people from an enormous variety of backgrounds; often you can learn a great deal from the clients you work with.
A successful Strata Manager must have very strong people skills and must enjoy the diversity of dealing with a variety of people. You must have exceptional organizational skills, a strong capacity for detail and often, infinite patience. We have an opening for a licensed strata manager in our Victoria office.
Job Title: Licensed Strata Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prime responsibility of a Strata Manager is to handle all business operations on behalf of the strata corporation
- Arranges services for the strata corporation and enters into contracts for the maintenance and repairs of the strata corporation’s common property
- Schedules maintenance and manages building maintenance projects
- Regularly attends building sites to ensure quality of cleaning, maintenance, etc
- Obtains quotes and confirms jobs with trades people; Checks invoices for work completed
- Monitors strata fee payments and arrears and approves strata corporation invoices
- Maintains and permits access to strata corporation records in accordance with the Strata Property Act
- Assists in preparation of documents on behalf of the strata corporation such as “Information Certificates” (Form B) and “Certificates of Payment” (Form F)
- Attends strata council and general meetings
- Prepares the minutes of all meetings, including strata council meetings, general meetings, special general meetings
- Advises the strata council in regard to the Strata Property Act, Residential Tenancy Act, strata corporation bylaws and other relevant matters
- Regularly reviews monthly financial reports and reports to the strata council
- Prepares annual budgets and financial statements
- Liaises with building owners and residents by telephone and email
- Provides information and responds to clients and colleagues in a timely manner
- Prepares correspondence on behalf of the strata council
- Participates in emergency on-call rotation
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Ensures motor vehicle is maintained both mechanically and aesthetically at all times including current insurance
- Encourages the development of a highly competent and well trained team by identifying personal training and development needs
- Works with all members of the organization in a respectful and cooperative manner
- Ensures punctual attendance for all internal and external business commitments
- Maintains a well groomed and business like appearance
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, Attention: Kathryn Basson. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those who are currently licensed and selected for an interview will be contacted.